Saturday, May 19, 2007

My First Shower

After many hours of travel I thought that a nice hot shower would be a nice way to unwind and wash off all that airport funk. My roomie went back to work, so it was just me and the shower contraption thingamabobber:
Hmmmm.... There are 2 knobs, one for hot and one for cold. The hot is just for show as it does nothing. Cold it is! I guess those electrical wires running to the shower head have something to do with the hot water. Hmmmm..... So I start to fidget with the wires, I get a few sparks....progress.... the water seems to be warmer than it was before, but still a few degrees shy of cool. I guess this is it. By hot they must mean not frigid! Ok, lets do it!!! Damn that water's cold. I don't know if I can handle this. Let's fidget some more. Mistake #1: Touching the shower head while in the shower. By the third time I got shocked I started feeling like Bart Simpson when Lisa hooked a cupcake up to some wires to prove that her brother was dumber than a hamster. No more touchy! Got it! Mistake #2: Buying the economical extra larger bottle of Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Essential Oil Soap. For those of you who don't know, peppermint essential oil is cooling. It makes you feel all tingly and refreshed...usually, but in this case it was the equivalent of a -20° wind chill factor. (Note to self: Buy soap). After that shower I put on all the clothes I had, climbed under 3 Alpaca wool blankets and began my 17 hour snooze-a-thon. I am happy to report that subsequent showers have improved. The trick is to leave the water on just a trickle so that the thingamabobber has a chance to heat the water :)